I found this recipe when I was looking for a recipe of raspberry cookies. I like raspberries a lot. If I could, I would use them in everything :)
In the original recipe, dehydrated raspberry powder is used but as I did not have it, I used the raspberry flavouring. Actually, I wanted to use raspberries but I was not sure how it would be and I did not want to risk it as I was baking them as a present for my friend’s birthday. I think it would taste nice. It is strange that I could not find any cookie recipe that includes raspberry. Maybe I should try to make my own recipe :)
Also in the original recipe, the dough is refrigerated at least hour at the beginning and 15 minutes after rolling it. I have waited only 30 minutes and skip the 15 minutes part and I think they still taste good :) So if you do not have a lot of time, you can do like I did and gain 45 minutes :) I also made them in 2 colors: green and red (which became pink after baking :)). I think it would look nice with many colors as well. And finally, with this recipe, I could make 60 cookies even though in the original recipe it says 48.
1 stick butter, softened (125 g)
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt
3 table spoons of raspberry flavouring
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Add the egg in the mixture and whisk .
3. Add flour, salt and raspberry flavoring, reduce speed to low and beat until it is mixed well. (Add the food coloring at this point if you want to make colored cookies)
4. Divide the dough in two, shape into a disk, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
6. On a parchment paper, roll out each piece between 1mm to 3 mm.
7. Using a round fluted cutter, cut out cookies, and place on a baking sheet.
8. Decorate cookies, you can make holes around the cookies or draw faces or flowers or anything you like :)
9. Bake around 8 to 10 minutes.