I have realised that I haven’t posted any recipes for a long time, so I thought it should be this particular one I’m going to publish since it is really delicious. It is an invention of laziness as we were out of eggs at home for breakfast and I was trying to find a replacement for them. After searching a little bit online, I found out that chia seeds can be a good replacement for eggs. Luckily we have a lot of them at home :) Actually it doesn’t taste like pancakes but I don’t know what else to call them. :) It is very easy to prepare and it makes around 18 small “pancakes”.
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1 cup Almond Milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
125 grams raspberry (half for the mix, half for the sauce)
For the sauce:
2 tablespoons Agave Syrup
1. Combine dry ingredients and mix a little.
2. Add milk, vanilla and salt into the dry ingredients and whisk together until just combined.
3. Add chia seeds and raspberries to the mix and whisk again.
4. Wait for 10-15 minutes for chia seeds to start absorbing liquid
5. Heat a nonstick pan for 30 to 40 seconds on low to medium flame. Reduce flame to low and pour a tablespoon of mixture in the center of pan. Do not spread the mixture. Allow it to spread on its own.
6. Cook the pancake on low medium flame for half a minute until you see bubbles appear over the pancake. When the pancake turns to golden, flip it over and cook for half a minute and then put it on a plate.
7. For the sauce: In another small pan, heat the raspberries and agave syrup for a minute and put on the pancakes. Ñam Ñam :)